What is ePUAP?
At the beginning, it is worth mentioning what is ePUAP. ePUAP is an abbreviation of the name Electronic Platform of Public Administration Services. This platform is used to handle official matters via the Internet. It allows you to save time and be sure that matters will be dealt with almost immediately, all without leaving your home. These issues were precisely defined in the Act of February 17, 2005 on the computerization of the activities of entities performing public tasks. Below we present to you that setting up ePUAP does not have to be as difficult as we think.
Who can set up ePUAP?
Anyone with a PESEL number can set up an account on ePUAP. You just need to confirm your identity by endorsing it with a free trusted profile.
What to do if there is no PESEL number?
Many foreigners ask how to get a PESEL number. It is very easy and free. There are two ways:
- Check in at the City Hall (for permanent or temporary residence) and then you will automatically receive a PESEL number (if you are staying for more than 30 days in the territory of the Republic of Poland) or
- Submit an application for a PESEL number (remember to indicate the actual legal basis in the application).
Remember! You must have proof of identity with you.
How to create a trusted profile?
Trusted Profile is a free tool that allows you to:
- confirm your identity in electronic administration systems,
- sign the document with a trusted signature.
To set it up, we also need a PESEL number. The easiest way to set up a trusted profile is through your bank account.
How to set up and handle a case on ePUAP?
- Go to epuap.gov.pl.
- Click Register.
- Complete a short form.
- If you provide PESEL in it – you will automatically apply for a trusted profile, which you must confirm (eg by using your bank account, unless you have created a trusted profile before).
- Log in to the created account.
- Select the official matter that you want to settle online.
- Sign the service application with a trusted profile.
- Submit your application online.
- Wait for the matter to be resolved or for an answer from the office.
That’s all! If you have any questions, we are at your disposal.