Financial support from the UNHCR
The purpose of the UNHCR financial support programme is to help refugees from Ukraine meet their most urgent needs until they find work or receive social assistance. In addition, this type of assistance helps the local economy, where refugees themselves buy the things they need.
The benefit is granted to citizens of Ukraine, who left their country on February 24, 2022 and later fleeing the war. Moreover, PESEL is not required to obtain financial assistance. Refugees, who are registered in the program will receive 710 PLN per month for at least three months, with an additional 610 PLN per household member, the maximum amount is 2540 PLN per household per month.
How to receive financial assistance from the UNHCR?
- Fill in the form, and as soon as there is a free submission period, the UNHCR registration center will send an SMS with an invitation for a personal visit to the phone number indicated in the form;
- Then you need to register for the financial assistance program by providing information and submitting fingerprints;
- Each registered will receive a unique password;
- At least one day after registration, you will be sent an SMS with an individual BLIK number and information about the amount of assistance.
The money must be paid within 7 days. The code can only be used once, so the entire amount must be paid once. After 1 month, the person receives another SMS with the code BLIK, which will allow another payment of the same amount. Refugees can use this option for another 3 months.
One-time payment benefit for purchasing of food, clothing or housing charges
Poland also offers special benefits for Ukrainians fleeing russian aggression. This is a one-time benefit of 300 PLN. It is valid for every family member, who is on the territory of Poland. This money is also intended to help with financing the most urgent expenses needed for living in the first days of the stay in Poland. You must apply for payment at the municipal social assistance centres competent for your place of residence.
The necessary information when accepting applications for one-time payments:
1. Name and Surname;
2. Date of birth;
5. Type of border crossing document;
6. Series and number of the border crossing document, information on the date of entry into the territory of Poland;
7. Address of residence;
8. Contact details, including telephone number or e-mail address;
9. PESEL number.
10. The number of the payment account to which the benefit will be paid (if the person has such a number).
One-time support for the birth of a child
This suport, which is in the amount of 1000 PLN, can be applied for by families to whom a child was born. The right to a one-time suppert for the birth of a child is granted to persons whose income per person in the family does not exceed PLN 1922.
The provision of “Dobry Start” for refugees from Ukraine
Citizens of Ukraine, who entered the territory of Poland from Ukraine on February 24, 2022 and later, can count on assistance from the Polish social insurance and social assistance. The “Dobry Start” is a benefit, which is paid every year to parents of children under 20 years of school age to help prepare their child for school. Parents get 300 PLN for each child under the age of 20, if he/she attends school. The application for a “Dobry Start” can be submitted to the bank or directly to the ZUS.