Due to the interest of our readers and taking into account the situation in Ukraine, in this article we would like to dispel all doubts about getting married in Poland by Ukrainian citizens and present to you the method of action.
Pursuant to the Polish Act on Civil Status Records, a foreigner must submit a document that confirms that he or she can get married according to the law in force in Ukraine (the Ukrainian authorities do not issue a certificate of legal capacity to marry).
In the steps below, we will show you what to do in such a situation.
- You should collect all documents such as: identity document (eg passport), PESEL number (if obtained in the territory of the Republic of Poland), document confirming the current place of residence;
- Print a photo of the ID document (or photocopy it) and sign a declaration of the current place of residence;
- Prepare applications to the Court for exemption from the obligation to present a document needed for marriage by two Ukrainian citizens *;
- Pay the court fee to the bank account, entering in the transfer title the full name of the request together with the name and surname of the Applicant (the fee is fixed, in the amount of PLN 100) and print the confirmation;
- Submit an application to the Court with completed attachments and wait for the decision.
If you need help in writing such applications, we are at your disposal.